Friday, December 21, 2012

2012 冬至快乐!

I didn't have any plan of doing any 汤圆 DIY but we forget them on our grocery trip. I requested Hubba to go to the grocery after his work but he is lazy to do it and luckily I saw the blog post from Carol's 自在生活-黑芝麻湯圓, it must be some 'SUPERnatural power' telling me that I have to DIY myself. 

Plus I ONLY eat the type of 汤圆 with fillings so I have 'extra' work, hahaha!
材料:
黑芝麻粉100g,糖粉60g,豬油40g,
糯米粉120g,冷水90g,
Ingredients :
Fillings : Black Sesame powder 100 gm, Confectionery Sugar 60 gm and Lard 40 gm
Skin : Glutinous rice flour 120 gram, Cold water 90 gm
Please refer original site for all the steps.
The filling easy peasy just mix them well, and roll them into balls; and set them to the fridge to harden them up for later use.

The flour part was abit tricky, I couldnt get the flour to be non-stick. The flour sticks EVERYWHERE! I had difficult rolling them out properly to stuck my fillings in and made a mess but I per·se·vere and just carry on. I was scared that most of the skin will split and I have a pot of messy Sesame seed paste SOUP instead!

I sliced some ginger, added Pandan leaves and brown palm sugar into a pot of boiling water; and stay praying ...
Luckily NON of them break, and all of the dumpling survived the hot water attacked!
And we had 10 chewy QQ, FRESH Sesame Seed fillings 汤圆!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...