Monday, September 17, 2012

Buncto - #89 Black Pepper beef w Onion & Colourful Bell Pepper

I often wonder if the red, yellow and orange Bell Pepper makes a difference?
Because they are usually more expensive than the Green bell pepper!

And I got my answer,
Yes, they makes a different, and I like the different!
It makes the dish sweeter ...
I bought a 3 in 1 packet of the Yellow, Orange and Red Bell Pepper!
But I used the orange coloured ones today ...
Ingredient : 170gm marinated sliced beef flank, orange and green bell pepper, 3x scallion, onion and a few cloves of garlic.

Seasoning : 1 tbsp Oyster sauce, 1 tbsp Soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine, 1 tbsp of Pepper (adjust accordingly), 1/4 cup broth/water, 1/2 tbsp Potato Starch Solution, 1/2 tbsp of sugar, and a dash of salt.
Marinate : Meat tenderiser (Baking soda), Sesame oil, Rice wine, Soy sauce, Potato Starch, Sugar and salt.
I omitted the egg white this time round because I wonder if its makes a difference.
The beef is actually less tender without the egg white, I have to check it out with Hubba if he can feels the difference ...
Click on to check out my Pictorial.


Prep all the ingredient and set aside. Flash fry the marinated beef to 40% cooked and set aside. Using the same wok add more oil if necessary, and add in the aromatics; garlic, onion and the white part of the scallions. Stir well, till onion is translucent and dump in the beef with all the seasoning (adjust according).Add in the Bell Pepper next, and then the broth/water. When everything boils and bubble, add in the starch solution, and turn down the fire. Serve UP!
I serve a small portion for myself, and they are GOOD!
The Orange bell pepper added another dimensional of sweetness to the dish! 
Colourful Bell Peppers are although more expensive but worth the $$$ ...
I guess it should taste better than Buncto - #68 Stir Fry Black Pepper Beef!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...