Sunday, September 2, 2012

Black bean Beef w Bell Pepper Horfun (豉椒炒牛肉炒河粉)

Happy Labour Day!
This weekend is supposed to be a long weekend but Hubba has to go back to work on Monday! Well, what to do when we are on a ONE pax income to support a 2+1 family!?
Sacrifice has to be made!

Recently, it's all about BEEF & BLACK BEAN sauce!
And this time round, I heed Hubba's advice and I sliced the beef thicker and really MARINATE the beef to the FULL EXTENT of the whole 9 yards. Baking soda, rice wine, egg white; everything recommended!
Marinate : Baking soda, Soy sauce, Sesame Oil, Rice wine, Egg-white, Sugar and Salt.
I marinated the beef overnight.
Ingredient : Beef, Garlic, Onion, Green bell pepper, and Thick flat rice noodle (Hor Fun).
Seasoning : Dark Soy sauce, Light Soy sauce, Black Bean sauce, Sugar and Salt.
Click On to see what I had done and my Step by Step's Pictorial.

Prep all ingredients and set them side by side. 
Stir fry the Thick flat rice noodle (Hor Fun) in Oil, Dark soy sauce and Light soy sauce. Dish out the Thick flat rice noodle (Hor Fun) and set the noodles aside. 

Using the same wok, add oil and add in the aromatics; Garlic and Onion. When onion is translucent, add in Black bean sauce and stir fry till fragrant; throw in beef. Stir to mix sure everything is properly mix together and add in the rest of the seasoning. When beef is about 60% cooked, stir in the Thick flat rice noodle (Hor Fun). Adjust seasoning, mix well and make sure beef is cook through.

It was my first trial, and I think I didn't get the seasoning right, and I find them a tad too salty but Hubba says 'Just NICE'!
But the beef is really tender and soft to the bite.
I really marinated the beef WELL!
Even Hubba has high praised for the Beef!
A pity I only have half a bell pepper left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...