Thursday, August 9, 2012

Potato Salad w Butter, Garlic, Mayo and Cilantro!

Not for the faint-hearted, health-conscious or dieters!
But it is definitely worth it ...
Few weekend ago, I randomly bought a packet of Honey Gold Potatoes from Kroger and found them extremely buttery and has just the right crunch for Potato Salad.
I had leftover potatoes and thought that I might just prepare some potato salad for hubby and this is what I blindly come up with, but I had used prawns the 1st time, and I today I am out of prawns. So I replaced the prawns with imitation crabmeat. (Psssst : prawns tasted so much better!)
Ingredient : 10 Honey Gold Potato, 2 Hard-boil Egg, 1 Clove Garlic, 1 bunch Cilantro, 2 Scallion, 1/3 packet Imitation Crabmeat, 2-3tbsp Salted Butter, Large Dollop of Mayonnaise, sugar and salt.
Wash the potatoes, diced them and then steam them for 20minutes with 2 eggs. Chopped up the garlic, Cilantro and Scallion. Pan fry Imitation crabmeat till abit charred and diced them up. After 20minutes, when the potatoes is ready, prep a big bowl and add the diced hardboiled eggs, crabmeat together with Potatoes and set aside.

Heat up the pan, melt the butter and add garlic. When the garlic turns brownish, add in Cilantro and Scallion. Let the greens, soak up the butter and garlic; stir fry abit and remove from fire, then add the butter mixture into the potato's bowl. Add Mayonnaise, sugar and salt for tasting.
Read on for more ...


I find sauteing, the garlic, cilantro and scallion before adding them into the Potato Salad makes the whole dish more aromatic. Usually I see people adding these aromatics without cooking them but I find them too raw for my liking! Sauteing them together blends the taste together so much better!
This tub will last us for 2days?
Sinful but definitely good!
And the next day, I heat up the salad and used them for Hubba's lunchbox.

A few more extra steps, but definitely worth all the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...