Saturday, August 18, 2012

Peppery Mushroom Chicken Pie

Hubba has a weird fetish with 'PIE'. 
And right after I am done with the Curry Chicken Potato Pie, he immediately suggested 'Pepper Chicken Pie'! And right after I am done with this Peppery Mushroom Chicken  Pie, he has already gives me ALOT of other suggestions! One at a time ...
Most of the 'recipe' online are the normal Chicken Pot Pie but I added lotsa of pepper to make them peppery! And I added only ingredients that we like! I omitted the usual corn, beans, or carrot. When I buy the commercial ones, I always spit them out one by one, hahaha!
To make them even easier for me to prepare and, no ways to refused his 'Pie' request; Hubba bought me a new 'toy'! A Cup Pie Set to make 4 Individual Pie which cost about USD18.00+.
Read on for my pictorials, and ingredient list.


I usually buy the Pie Crusts from Pilsbury.
Ingredient :  2x diced Chicken Thigh, 1 clove Garlic, 1/2 onions, 1 sml box mushrooms, 3x Celery and 1 egg (eggwash).
Seasoning : 2tbsp Flour, Fish sauce, Salt and Sugar. 
Diced and cubed ingredient before starting!

Stir fry the diced chicken and set aside. Continue to add in garlic and onion. Stir-fry, till onion is a tad transparent and add in mushroom and celery. Add 2tbsp of flour and mix them well. Add in the cooked chicken and add in rest of seasonings (lotsa of pepper) and about 1/2 cup of broth/water. Set aside to cool.
Cut and roll out the pastry into the Pie Set.
Poke base of Crust with toothpick.
Pre-bake the base for about 8-12minutes @450C. After the base has been baked and harden, dump in the Pepper Chicken and fill them right to the top and press them down. Cover with pastry and eggwash the top of crust.
Bake for another 12-15minutes @400C.
Looks so ugly!!
But it is DELICIOUS!
Especially good on a rainy day, like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...