Saturday, August 11, 2012

Curry Chicken Potato Pie

I have 1 sheet of leftover pie crust in the fridge, how?

Something simple and doable?
Recipe provided is 'estimation'!
Ingredient : 1x Chicken Thigh, 1x Potato, 3x ham, 1/2 Garlic, 1/2 Onion
Seasoning : 2 tbsp Curry powder, 1 tsp Tumeric powder, 2 tsp Coriander powder, 3 tbsp Ketchup/Sweet Chilli, 1/4 Milk+Whipping cream, Sugar and Salt.
I think the tumeric powder and coriander powder are optional la, don't know whether they make any difference or not.
Diced all ingredients, and steam the diced potatoes for 20minutes. Pan fried the diced chicken till abit charred and set aside. Saute garlic, onion and ham. Add sambal chilli (optional), chicken and rest of seasonings.
Read on for Part ii ...
The whip cream made the Curry chicken potato very creamy and thick!
Set the creamy curry chicken aside to cool, and continue to prep the pie crust.
I have one sheet of pie crust leftover from the 'Portuguese Egg Tarts again!' adventure from a few days ago. And using the same method, I prep the pie crust into my Aluminium Container.
Hubba complained about the crust the previous time, so this time round; I preheat the crust for a few minutes. Oh, and did I mention must poke poke the pie crust at the bottom?
During the baking of the crust, the pie crust starts to SHRINK in the oven!
*Horrrooorr*
In the end my pie crust becomes half cup ...
Hahaha, but luckily I manage to SQUEEZE everything into 5 Half CUPS; just nice!
Opps, don't forget to COVER the fillings with more pie crust and brush the top of the pie with egg.
Bake in oven in 400C for 10-12minutes or till crust browned.
I have to shift the containers in the oven a few times, because my oven heating is very uneven.
Looks good huh!
Hubba says very commercial!
Almost like what we buy outside OR better because he can actually taste the MEAT ...
He says sell 1 for 2$ ...
Hahaha, if only I can do pie crust; then everything will be Purrrfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...