Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Black bean sauce Beef (豆豉牛肉)

My plan is to try out 豆豉牛肉河粉 but horfun is sold out at most of the Asian supermarket here. 
So I just have to make do and practice with just the beef first ...
 
I marinated the beef for a few hours, but I think I 'under' marinated the beef.

Prep the all ingredients.
Marinate : Sesame oil, soy sauce, potato starch,baking soda, sugar and salt.
Ingredients : Beef flank, garlic, Green bell pepper, onions, scallions, beef broth and thickening solution.
Seasoning : Black bean sauce, soy sauce, sugar and salt.

This is the recent Black bean sauce I have been using.
Stir fry the aromatics (garlic & onion), and black bean sauce. Then add in the beef and stir in the rest of seasonings. Lastly add in the bell pepper and scallions. Add in broth and when the broth boils, add in potato starch solution, stir to make sure it is evenly mix in, and close fire.
Scoop out and serve with rice
Hubba says doesn't taste like in 'RESTAURANT' leh!
Hahaha, he see me SO UP huh?
Compare my food to restaurant food.
But I might have 'Under marinated' my beef and maybe I should have added more sugar, and MSG and that might make my food more restaurant-liked!

Recommended marinating of beef by a chinese website.
(1.Clean and sliced the beef, 2. place in bowl and add a tsp of baking soda. 3. Add water slowly via a few times as you pour the water stir the beef, till water are totally absorbed. 4. Add egg white, 1tsp rice wince and salt, 1tbsp of soy sauce and 1tsp of cornstarch/potato starch. 5. Use clingfilm to wrap and put them in the fridge to marinate for more than half hour.)
I will try this method the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...