Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cherry Crumble Cake!

I have so much cherries at home, I NEED to prep them in such a way hubba would help me finish some, because he is lazy to spit out the seed! LAZY BUM! But then, usually I FINISH all the cherries by MYSELF!

I search around online and found this Cherry Crumble Cake.
It looks good and see easy to prepare!

I adapted my recipe from Mykitchentreasures.com.
First task, pit cherries; I realized it is quite easy to pit cherries!
But that would be the most time consuming part of the whole process.
After about 1.5 hour ...


Hubba says it is not too bad and the cake is quite soft.
For me?
I find them okok, still not as buttery as my Walnut cake.
Read on for the recipes and references.


Cherry Crumble Cake
Ingredient
140 gm SR Flour (100gm of SR flour/40gm of Almond meals)
50 gm Castor sugar
1 egg
4 tbsp Milk
85 gm Melted butter
350 gm Cherries ( Seed remove.)
1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
A handful of chocolate chips

For the topping
25 gm AP Flour
25 gm Castor sugar
25 gm Butter (Cold and diced)
A handful of smash walnuts

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c.

2. Butter and line the base of a 20 cm/8 inch round cake tin.

3.Sift the flour, and sugar into a bowl. Make a well and add the egg, milk, and melted butter. Combine and beat to make a thick smooth batter. Sprinkle the cherries and chocolate chips over the batter and gently press them in.

4. For the topping, rub butter into flour/sugar/walnuts to make a crumb like mixture. Top them over the cherries.

5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or untill a skewer pushed into the center comes out clean.
For references :
Theenglishkitchen.blogspot.com : Cherry Crumble Cake
Fullforkahead.com : Cherry Crumble CakeSwapnascuisine.com : Dark Cherry Crumble Cake w Cinnamon
Dessertedplanet.com : Cherry Crumble Cake
Mykitchentreasures.com : Fresh Cherry Cake


Dessertedplanet.com : Cherry Crumble Cake


2 comments:

  1. You should try making cherry pie. We loved them so much that i made cherry pie whenever cherries are in season and cheap. Whenever cherries are on sale, i buy and pit them, and freeze them. When you thaw them, they are a little mushy, but it's fine when u bake with them.

    I tried strawberry and apple too, but cherries is the best. Don't make it sweet, and serve with vanilla icecream. Best when the pie is just out of the oven.

    this is the receipe i use:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cherry-pie-iv/detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking about doing that because I still has alot of cherries in my fridge! But I prefer to eat fresh cherries, and I only bake them for Hubby sake! hahaha ~

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...