Monday, July 2, 2012

Big Pork Bun (大肉包)

Hubba has been requesting for 大包大包 E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y, since we watched 最火搭档 2 because CHEN LIPING was named 大包 in the show and she is selling 包-s in it!
In the series, Chen Liping is the 老板娘 of “包好吃”!
And he says he wants A REAL ALL MEAT 包!
But I added Shiitake mushrooms and scallion too, and each meat dough weighs about 75-80grams.
I used the same recipe as always for the dough!
But nowadays for the meat, I don't really are what is thrown in and just estimate the marinate.
Usually I estimate about 60-70gram per bun so for 8buns, I prep 480-560 adjust accordingly to what kinda of other veggie I will be adding into the bun.
I have to use the 2nd and 3rd layer of my steamer basket.
Placing the bun on the lowest level, the bottom of the bun becomes too wet.
The bun poofs up good but the bottom is too wet!
And the skin of the dough seems to be very thin.
Weird thing is, the buns tasted so much better after 2-3days!

I wonder is it the plastic steamer that is causing the wet bottom problem OR I should look for other recipes OR I should just place a cloth under the bun to help with the water droplets?

Hmmmmm ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...