Monday, June 18, 2012

Pork Belly with Preserved Mustard Greens (梅菜扣肉)

I didn't realised that there are so many different type of preserved veggies! 原来 for soup is 榨菜, and 咸菜. 梅菜 is the type my mom usually prepare with Canned Pig's trotter and leftover BBQ Duck! When I was in the supermarket, I stood there blur! Luckily there are alot of unselfish blogger out there with the pictures so that I can successful get what I want ...

梅菜王!
I marinated the pork belly and soak the Preserved Mustard Greens (梅菜) for a few hours.
And prepare my garlic and shallots.
Ingredient : Pork Belly, Preserved Mustard Greens (梅菜), Shallots and garlic.
I should get a bigger piece of Pork Belly but I used it for my Singapore-style Hokkien Mee as well. So a big chunk of the Pork Belly is sliced off and this is the leftover.
Marinate : Dark soy sauce, Rice wine, Sugar and Salt.
I pan-fried the Pork belly on all sides making sure to seal in the flavour of the marinate. Right after searing the Pork Belly, I dunk the piece of meat into ICE COLD water. According to Noobcook, this help with the texture of the meat. Diced the Pork Belly to bite size and set aside.

Fry the sliced shallot ...
Then add in the garlic ...
Add in the 梅菜, add  1/4cup of water/broth and season accordingly.
I just added the marinate for the Pork and didn't add any other thing else. Just simple stir-fry for a few minutes making sure all ingredients are properly mix. 

Prep a steam bowl and layer the pork at the bottom and top it off with the Preserved Mustard Greens.
I steamed for 90minutes on my Digital Electronic Steamer.
I used the leftover 'Seafood Broth' from the Hokkien Mee so the taste is abit off and we are not used to the taste initially.
But we got used to it and starts to enjoys the dish!
SO UNHEALTHY but definitely cannot stop our mouth hahahaha ~ 

For references :


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...