Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pig Stomach and Rib Bak Kut Teh Soup

My supply of Bak Kut Teh pre-packets are expiring soon, and I am trying to clear them out as much as I can. And this week I bought Pig Stomach (Hog Maw 猪肚)! I have never buy one by myself and I don't know; how it will be and what to expect. But luckily there is YOUTUBE video online, and I realised the pig's stomach I bought are already clean (very clean with NO SMELL at all) and blanched.

 
So using the same method of preparing the usual bak kut teh, I added in the pork's ribs and also the pig's stomach whole, and stewed for 1.5hr. After 1.5hr, I took out the whole stomach and sliced them to desire size.
My favorite non-herbal spices all the way from Singapore.
The sliced pig's stomach were yummy and chewy. There isn't any trace of porky smell. I should get peppercorn the next time round for some spiciness!


2 comments:

  1. This is also our household's favourite BKT spice mix. I brought several packets from Singapore too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My supplies are expiring soon, so sad!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...