Sunday, June 10, 2012

EuroCup Lunch Italy V Spain : Laos Lemongrass Chicken with Oyster sauce Pt 2

Quite sometime ago, a gal-fren passed me a Lemongrass's Squid's recipe, and I hadn't had a chance to try them because I couldn't get fresh Squid here! And with all Chicken thighs stuffed in my freezer, I wonder if I can use the same ingredients but subsititute the Squid with Chicken? I googled and realised there is really a very similar dish;  Laotian-stir-fry chicken with oyster sauce. There are a variety of other similar recipes that either belong to the Vietnamese or the Thais; but I have most of the ingredients with the chosen Laotian's recipe.

I am not a gingerly person, so I am very skeptical how this dish might turn out. 
But now I am more open to different ideas and hopefully I can developed a wider variety of tastebud!
Ingredient : 3 deboned marinated skinless Chicken thighs, 1 stalk of sliced Lemongrass (white part only), 1 stalk of Scallion (Cut the white part and smash it, slice the green part and set aside.), a knob of sliced ginger and 2 cloves of smashed garlic, 1 sliced chilli padi.

Marinate : 2 tsp fish sauce, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil,  1tbsp of Shaoxing rice wine, 1/2 tbsp sugar and a dash of salt. (Adjust accordingly)

Seasoning : 1 tbsp of Fish sauce, 1 tbsp of Oyster sauce, 1 tbsp of sugar and a dash of salt.
(Adjust accordingly)
Heat wok and add 2-3 tbsp of oil with sliced ginger, garlic and scallion. 
Wait for the aroma to be releases and continue to add the sliced lemongrass and chilli padi.
Another wave of lemongrassy aroma will be release and then continue to add the marinated chicken. Stir-fry till the chicken is about 60% cooked before adding the rest of the seasoning. 
Cover wok and simmer till chicken cook.
Sprinkled the rest of the scallion on top of the dish and serve!
Hubbie has HIGH PRAISE for the dish, he says it is even better than yesterday Steam Chicken w Garlic, Ginger and Scallion (蒸蒜葱姜鸡). But how can you compare a steam dish with a stir-fried dish. So Hub changes his statement and says both styles are so different!
Definitely yummy, I didn't know lemongrass dish can taste this good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...