Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ocher HCP - Homemade Steak Fajitas w cheats!

My first trial at Mexican 'cuisine'!
But of course not everything is from scratch, alots are cheats actually hahahahaha ...
Ermmmm, at least the meat and salsa are from scratch!

I marinate the meat with salt, pepper, cajun powder and cumin powder; set aside.
Salsa preparation.
Cut and diced the tomatoes.
Diced Onion.
My Salsa ingredient includes : Diced tomatoes, diced Onion, and chopped Cilantro with Lime juice, sugar and salt.
Sliced the leftover onion and also Red bell pepper.
I used my Happy Call Pan instead of our grill!
1 minutes each side, take it and set aside.
After the onion and bell pepper sweats, add in steak and cook some more till desired.
Sliced the steak and toss with the onion and bell pepper.
The rest of the other ingredient ...
My cheats are the Canned chili and Guacamole!
When I first come to USA, I didn't know that their Chili means beans and meat and tasted nothing like our CHILLI back home!
Chili con carne : Chili con carne (chili with meat) or more commonly known as simply "chili" is a spicy stew containing chili peppers and meat. Traditional versions are made using chili peppers, garlic, onions, and cumin, along with chopped or ground beef. Beans and tomatoes are frequently included. Variations, both geographic and personal, may involve different types of meat as well as a variety of other ingredients. The variant recipes provoke disputes among aficionados, and the dish is used as an ingredient in a number of other foods.
I didn't have any ingredient list on hand when I go goes shopping, it was a last minute decision to do Mexican! So this is what we gotten; Sour cream, Canned Chili, Cheese, Guacamole, Fajitas wrap, steak with onion and red bell pepper, and salsa ingredient with lime juice.
VERY COLOURFUL and yummmmy!
Very colourful!
Hopefully I can at least try to prep FRESH Guacamole in my next Mexican adventure! 
But I definitely would like to try at least the Authentic 'MOLE' recipe!

This is my Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...