Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Oyako Don ( 親子丼)

It has been a long time since I prepare my favourite chicken rice, Oyako-don!
Flying soon and I realised I have a few pieces of Chicken thigh meat left in my freeze and not much any other ingredients. Oyako-don is a very basic and yet yummy meal to prepare.

Marinate for chicken : Fish sauce, sugar and salt.
Ingredient : 3/4 cup of uncook Japanese rice, 2 pieces of Chicken thigh, sliced 1/2 Brown onion, 2 stalks sliced Spring onion and 2 eggs.
Seasoning : 3/4 cup of chicken broth, 1 tbsp mirin, 13/4 tbsp of Soy sauce, 1 tbsp of sugar and a dash of salt.
3/4 cup of japanese rice is for a one pax dinner.
The way I do it :
  • I pan-fry the whole piece of chicken thighs to about 70% cooked and then diced them, set aside.
  • Using the about 1 tbsp of the oil to fry the onion till tender and add in the chicken piece.
  • Continue to add in seasoning and bring them boil, cover and cook the chicken on high till chicken cooked (2-3minutes?)
  • Add in the 'white' part of the spring onion and pour in the 2 scramble the eggs when the pan is still boiling.
  • Switch off stove and cover the pan till egg cook. (If you are anal about uncook egg, then please continue to cook the egg till whatever degree you prefer.)
  • Serve it onto rice and sprinkle the 'green' part of the spring onion or seaweed (If you have).
I wonder why I didn't prepare them more often!
Even hub who doesn't like this type of soupy rice ,likes Oyako-don very much!
4 more days to Singapore airlines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...