Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cheesy baked chicken breast with Spinach and Croutons

I adapted this recipe from Chef John's foodwishes.blogspot.com; Baked Chicken Parmesan. I think this is relatively easy but I didn't have all the ingredient on hand and I dump in alot of other stuffs that I have. I really love the idea of sprinkling Croutons on top of all the cheese! 
 
I only prep 2 chicken breast, I brine them overnight and seared them before placing the chicken breast in my baking dish and top the chicken breast with lots and lots of pepper and Cayenne spice.
I topped my chicken breast with a can of Ro*tel Original with is a combination of vine-ripened red tomatoes blended with select green chilies; so it is a tad spicy!
And continue to top them with spinach, shredded cheese (I used mozarella and cheddar that I have at home. The original recipe calls for Parmesan and Mozarella cheese.) and Croutons.
Cover everything up with MORE cheese and I sprinkled Parsley and more cayenne pepper.

I realised I should have layered the Veggie before the tomatoes.
In the end I realized I under-baked the chicken, and I have to throw my baking dish into the microwave to cook some more, hahahaha. And I prepare some spaghettini for Hub to eat with this dish.
There are some hit and misses, but if everything done appropriately, I bet this will taste fantastic. 

But still we finish everything because of the CHEESE and Croutons!

Reference from Chef John :

Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil,  2 cloves garlic, crushed hot red pepper flakes, 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 2 cups marinara sauce,  1/4 cup chopped basil,  8 oz mozzarella shredded, 4 oz Parmesan grated,  1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...