Monday, April 23, 2012

Back to SG update and a buffet @ Suanthai

I finally touchdown and immediately rushed to my maternal grandma's funeral.
It was the last day and at least I was in time to send her off in a very traditionally done up coffin car. 
The funeral took up the afternoon.
In the evening, we met up with my girlfriends and we were off to my first BUFFET feasting. We bought  coupons from deals.com.sg for a Thai Buffet from Suanthai restaurant @ Killiney road.
The asterix items only served once are the better items.
I was too tired and didn't ate much. I think I drank ALOT of the free flow lime juice! And I like the all the fish dishes too and the popiah. The worst dish was the GREEN curry, rather tasteless!
MENU : GREEN MANGO SALAD, POMELO SALAD, DEEP FRIED EGG BEANCURD WITH SPECIAL SAUCE, CLEAR NOODLE SALAD, THAI PAPAYA SALAD, THAI SPRING ROLL, THAI FISH CAKE, TOM YAM SOUP WITH CHICKEN, *TOM YAM SOUP WITH PRAWNS, CLEAR SOUP WITH SOFT BEANCURD & CHICKEN, CHICKEN OR BEEF WITH CASHEW NUT, GREEN CURRY WITH CHICKEN OR BEEF, PANANG CURRY WITH SLICE FISH FILET, *BONELESS STUFFED CHICKEN WING, *CHICKEN WRAPPED IN PANDAN LEAF, CHICKEN WITH BASIL LEAVES AND EGGPLANT, STIRRED FRIED LONG BEANS WITH, THAI CHILLI PASTE, *THAI STYLE CHICKEN SATAY, DEEP FRIED FISH FILLET WITH,, SWEET, SOURCE & SPICY SAUCE, STIR FRIED FISH WITH CHINESE CELERY, *STIR FRIED, MIXED SEAFOOD WITH BASIL & LONG BEANS, *DEEP FRIED SQUID WITH GARLIC, THAI BABY KAI LAN WITH SALTED FISH, STIR FRIED MIXED VEGETABLE WITH OYSTER SAUCE, STEAMED RICE 
DESSERT : THAI RED RUBY, STEAMED TAPIOCA, MIXED FRUITS
We cannot taste the Pineapple in the Pineapple rice so dissapointing. Overall the food is freshly prep, so the dishes are all very fresh. But the food served doesn't feel very 'THAI' more like tze char!

Overall just a OKOK Pass to me, thou cheap definitely not worth.
AND worst of all, I suffered so much mosquito bite in the restaurant!
And they charges 50ct per print if you forget to print your coupon from deals.com.sg!

If I have a choice, I don't think I will go back again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...