Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Black Sesame Chiffon

Hubby request for something 'light' after the Chocolate mousse cake! He keeps complaining that he has cocoa poisoning!!! Hahaha, so I search my to-do list, I wanted to do a BLACK SESAME 'something. I was thinking of doing a roll but decide on a chiffon first because most recipes calls for either sesame powder or sesame paste but I only has sesame seed! So I have to 'grind' my own sesame seed and see whether it works!

It was a perfect rise right out of the oven! 
BUT you never know what will happen to chiffon when they are OUT of the oven so I have to wait for the result.
The cake has a good height.
Soft and fluffy!
I ask Hubby whether the cake has the Black Sesame Smell, he say 'yah'!
This is my first time having a Black Sesame Chiffon, so I didn't know they actually taste like and I was munching on peanut the whole day so the black sesame isn't as strong as I thought it will be. But still the cake is very light.
I love it!
Momster Cupper Corner - Black Sesame Chiffon

Batter A :
3 egg yolks
40 gm castor sugar
75 gm self raising flour, sifted
1 tbsp olive oil
100 ml fresh milk
2 tbsp black sesame powder ( I used 3tbsp = 30gram and grind my own sesame.)

Batter B :
3 egg white
40 gm sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Please refer method from Momster Cupper Corner's website.
335F/50minutes/lower rack.
Chiffon tips from Rei's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...