Friday, February 24, 2012

A Ugly Simple Choc cake!

Today Hub will be eating out with his colleague at lunch so there is no need to prepare his lunchbox. I can sleep awhile longer, wheeeee ~

Hmmm then let's chat about the sponge cake I did yesterday!
I use the Sponge Cake recipe from the Blackforest Cake from My-sweet-hut.blogspot and this time I beat the eggwhite so well, the cake rose very nicely with a good height. I think I forget to add in Baking Powder!!
Ingredients :
4 egg Yolks, 35g Sugar - whisked.
2 tbsp milk, ¼ cup Oil - (microwave 20 sec), ½ tsp Vanilla Essence.
70g Cake/ Top Flour, 10g cocoa powder, ½ tsp Baking power - Sifted.

4 egg whites, 90g Sugar

160C/320f for 40-45minutes
But it was not 'FLAT' on top but the Bump was pretty too!
Hmmmm, I need to control the heat better and I should have brush butter to the side of the pan. I didn't do that and result in this ugly looking side.
I whipped up 200ml of whipped cream with Cocoa powder using Joybaking's Whipped Cream Frosting recipe with some changes.
Ingredient Chocolate Whipped Cream: 200ml heavy whipping cream, 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 3tbsp Confectioner sugar, 2tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder.
I know it look UGLY, it look better initially but then the more I fidget with them the uglier it gotten! And I am in a hurry to bring TOto out for his walk; Sun is setting and the weather will get real cold.
BUt it is for HOME so as long as everything is ON the cake, it is ok with us hahaha. But I will try to make them look better!!
But taste wise they are GOOD, just like those cheap cakes we can get at a Bakery downstairs.
And the Chocolate whipped cream is SO GOOD! Ok my standard for cakes are LOW, but definitely how we like them to be and we finished HALF the cake at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...