Saturday, February 4, 2012

Dark Soy Sauce Braised Pork Belly with Pork Bung

Braised Pork Bung aka 大肠头 usually in Kueh Chap, is ridiculously expensive in Singapore and if bought raw they are very time consuming to prepare and very SMELLY! My mom loves them and will occasionally take the plunge and I will see her spend hours scrubbing the intestine inside out. 

A gf told me these intestines are already washed and prepared, and I can just buy them to COOK! I was like WTH and each time I walked pass the aisle I was like thinking, SO CHEAP! But I don't know how to wash them properly and they are actually already PREP!

We took the plunge and OMG, it was worth the risk!!!
And the next day we have YUMMMY 扣肉包!
I also added Shittake mushroom.
Hub says with the 梅子绿 next to the 扣肉包, it looks just like we are in a Taiwan cafeteria!
Hahahahaha.

HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT LIKE THAT LEH!?

2 comments:

  1. Feel so hungry looking at the pork plus bun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya lor, we cannot stop eating them!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...