Saturday, January 28, 2012

Simple Taiwanese Mushroom Braised Pork

This is a real simple recipe and definitely a keeper.
I usually half the recipes and add more Rock Sugar but the end result will depend how 'sweet' or 'salty' you like the dish. And this is very flexible, you do not have to follow everything to a T. I didn't add pepper, and I dump in more fried shallots and didn't really measure exactly TEN mushroom because I bought the pre-sliced type.

Ingredient : Minced pork belly 600gm, Dried shittake mushroom 10pcs, Shallots 30gm, Broth 700ml.

Seasoning : Soy sauce 100ml, Rock Sugar 1tbsp, Rice wine 2tbsp, Pepper 1/2 tsp.

1) Soak mushroom, diced and set aside.
2) Heat up wok, add 3tbsp of oil, and fried diced shallots to crisp, and set aside.  
(I done this the night before.) Remember to SAVE the oil for next step.
3) Heat up wok and use oil from frying shallots, (I added minced garlic (out of habit) ) to fry the minced meat. (The book wrote to fry the mushroom first and add minced meat but I prefer to fry the meat first.) 

When minced meat turn white add in diced mushroom.

4) Continue to throw in 1/3 of fried shallots and add in all Seasoning except broth. 
Stir fry till aromatic and ... (I added 2tsp of Dark soy sauce.)
5) Change to a pot and add in broth.
Boil, and simmer for 1 hour and throw in the rest of the fried shallot, continue simmering for another 10 minutes and tadah ... 

I used my Lock & Lock Cookplus Vitamin Saucepan, Yellow, 7.1-Inch to braise for 1 hour and 10 minutes. I have been using this pot for a few months now and this pot is still as good as new!
Usually people eat Taiwanese Mushroom Braised Pork with rice but I LOVE it with Fried Beehoon! 
Gosh, I feel so Taiwanese! 
If you want to, you can add into your pot a few hard-boiled egg!
YUM!
Best for Hub's Lunchbox, or lazy nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...