Tuesday, January 31, 2012

LocknLock : Buncto - #48 Sweet Ketchup Prawns!

This is one of my favourite dish my mom used to cook for us. 
And my Brother has prawn allergy, so usually I ate most of it.
And I remember mom only prepares them during special occasions because prawns is expensive! She never gives me her recipe, and I saw a similar one in a cookbook, but that recipe calls for Chicken. And my Chicken thigh has yet to thaw in the fridge. 

So there you go, Hub decadent Lunchbox.

Today's menu : Ketchup prawns and pan-fry egg with spring onion.

Ingredient : Prawns, Green bell pepper, Yellow onion, Tomato and Minced garlic.

Seasoning : 2tbsp Ketchup, 2tbsp Sweet chilli sauce, 1/2 cup Water, 1tbsp Sugar, and a pinch of salt.
I usually portions my prawns and freezes them using my Silby Ceramic Dome Style Container. Next Prep the ingredient; wash and peel the prawns, and continue to sliced and diced the rest of the the ingredients with Cookplus Rainbow 7" Santoku.
Heat up my Lock & Lock Cookplus Vitamin Wok, add oil and pan-fry the prawns to 60% cooked and set aside.
Add more oil to the heated Lock & Lock Cookplus Vitamin Wok, continue to add Minced garlic and the rest of the veggies. Hmmm, I think should add my Tomatoes later right?
Add in the seasoning.
When the sauce starts to boil throw in the prawns, cover and simmer. 
( I think I should throw in the tomatoes at this point, right before I change the fire to small and start simmering.) You will see the prawn 'oil' will starts to seep out but don't simmer for too long. Maybe like 3-5minutes? Haha I not sure because I start my wash up at this point. Usually for my stove, I didn't just turn the fire to small, I just shut off because the stove will continue to burn for a while more. 
SMELL SO GOOD!
Everything arrange nicely in my Zen&Lock Esly, Rectangular Ceramic Container.
In the end, I ate all the Prawn's head. 
*Calories counting in my head*

After a few months of use my Lock & Lock Cookplus Vitamin Wok is still as good as new. They wash up real easy without the need to SCRUB. 
Just simple soft sponge and dishwasher detergent and rinse off, and they look NEW again!
The wok is really durable! After 2 months of intensive usage, there isn't any scratch and the teflon is still STRONG. Even the exterior are not scratched or stained either. Highly recommended to get one of this wok for your daily use.

A peak into Hub's lunch bag.
Everything neatly arranged.
One of Hub's colleague loves his RECYCLE bag from Wholefood market; hahaha.
TOto telling me," Mammeee be a good girl today huh, TOto going to daycamp today and will be back soon!"
YEAH HOME ALONE TODAY!

2 comments:

  1. The prawns look so delicious. I miss eating seafood, can hardly find good and fresh seafood here :(

    Toto's expression is so cute! Reminds me of my late silky terrier, he has the same teddy bear face too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first year I was here there isn't much asian grocery but still have 2 Vietnam groceries and one big Asiaworld and a smaller chinese grocery around the area. And soon after that Ranch99 and Hmart open up. Thinking about it, here quite a number of Asia Supermarkets!! At least still can get decent, erm still not VERY fresh la but decent prawns, sotong and fish to eat. I not good preparing fish, if not I would cook more fish!

      Yah their eyes like 2 big black buttons!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...