Thursday, January 19, 2012

LocknLock : Buncto - #41 Braised Minced and Sweet Snap Pea


We were shopping at Wholefood supermarket yesterday and I notice these very FRESH and GREEN Sweet snap pea! I have to buy them and prepare for Hub! I was telling Hub maybe we have to eat more 'Organic' Vegetables now that we are older, hahaha! Organic Veggies are usually about 1.5x more expensive! 

Today's Menu : Soy sauce braised minced pork with mushroom, Stir-fry Sweet snap pea and Pan-fry egg.
I prepared the Soy Sauce Braised Mushroom and minced Pork yesterday night. It was easy but it takes an hour to braised the pot. It tasted oddly bland the night before but the taste came out the next day!

Ingredient : Minced pork, Dried shiitake mushroom, Small red onion.
Seasoning : Oil, Soy Sauce, rice wine, sugar, salt and broth.
Recipe from a Cookbook I bough from Taiwan.
And this morning, I sliced and diced with my new Cookplus Rainbow 7" Santoku, which is still performing well! Ingredient : Sugar snap pea, Shiitake mushroom, imitation crabmeat and minced garlic.
Stir fry with Fish sauce, broth, sugar and salt in my Cookplus Ceramic Frying Pan, Yellow, 10.2-Inch
Cookplus Ceramic Frying Pan, Yellow, 10.2-Inch @ USD18.36 (Excluding tax and shipping).

Arrange nicely for hub in our reliable, Zen&Lock Ceramic Container.


I am so tired, we have so  much to do before Chinese New Year!
Hopefully we can finish packing and rearranging everyday by TODAY ...

2 comments:

  1. your braised mushroom looks so delicious! I feel like trying too :)

    What are u going to cook for CNY dinner?

    Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too bad, very simple Taiwanese 卤肉. You want the recipe? I can email to you if you want but recipe in chinese. Let me know :)

      Father in law's mom pass away recently so father in law says cannot celebrate CNY. Cannot even eat steamboat, haiz ...

      But I guess we will go ahead and still eat steamboat keke~
      Yet to prepare the grocery, don't know Saturday go buy still have stock or not haha! What about you?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...