Thursday, December 29, 2011

LocknLock : Try again, Black Forest Cake 2!

1st Step : Preparation of all ingredient.
Can you spot which items are from LocknLockplace.com!
The mixing bowls I bought from Locknlockplace.com 'Happy Hour Special' has been put to good use, there is even a spatula but not shown in the picture. I also got some little help from 'Hello Bebe' too, to measure out the sugar and flour!


My Sponge cake was sort of perfect, maybe perfect in my eye ONLY, hahaha! 
My standard is not too high!
I used the recipe from 'My Sweet Hut', her sponge cake is very flat but she never reveal her 'secret'. Maybe she did and I didn't read it. But well, I try harder then ...

Ingredients (8” round )
- 4 egg Yolks
- 35g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup Oil (or melted butter)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 70g Cake/ Top Flour } sifted
- 10g cocoa powder }
- ½ tsp Baking power }
- 4 egg whites
- 90g castor sugar 30gm Castor sugar
310F/43minutes

My whipping cream is still a mess!
I read ALOT online, it mentioned that the butterfat content has to be high like 36%-40% but the usual sold in grocery are just 30%. And I still cannot get Non-Dairy Whipping cream! I just want to finish all the cherries and blueberry jam so I lump everything together, hahaha ...
Well this should be the last cake till 2012!
Nevertheless it still taste YUMMY ...

I be moving first week of January so expect ALOT of baking/cooking in the new kitchen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...