Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Parboil, deepfry, marinate and steam the KONG BA (Pork Belly)

This is the first time I decide to do ALL 3 steps! Usually, I just braised the Pork Belly and that is easy. I have asked mom to show me how to do the 'STEAM' method but she has put it off like for MILLION of times, and if not it is already done before I wake up! SO obviously she doesn't want to teach me. I have to figure it out by myself. And a gf of mine did it and uploaded it in on facebook so I asked her for some tips and after surfing around this is what I gather ...

My Pork Belly in the fridge, not the best of cut but we shall make do!
Place ginger pieces in hot water to remove the Porky smell!
After dripping dry and removing all the PIG SKIN's hair, I deep fry them!
Almost burnt myself to death, I hate OIL. The oil SPLASHES everywhere, I had to MAJOR clean up and MOP the kitchen BIG TIME! Cursing throughout and hoping all these is WORTHWHILE!
Slice them and marinate with : Minced garlic, dark soy sauce, Oyster sauce, light soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine, salt and sugar.
Marinate for at least 2 hour, I added some shittake mushroom.
Steam for 1.5hr - 2hr.
When it is done all the 'oil' of the pork is steam out and the meat is so soft and smell so good!
The picture really doesn't do justice to the Bun!
WE actually finish the whole pot of Pork bellies in 10 buns!
I FEEL SO FAT!
But it is so worthwhile, ermmm dieting sooooon?
Hahahahaha ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...