Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fermented Soy&Black bean sauce sparerib with Tau pok!

Adapted this recipe from the recipe book,"Authentic Homestyle Cuisines". I didn't follow exactly and just add abit of me in there. But I love the idea of adding Tau Pok in the stew. I wouldn't in my mind would have added that in the stew, and it really works very well.
Marinate : Sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt, sugar and baking soda.
Seasoning : Minced Garlic, Fermented soy bean, Fermented black bean, sugar and broth.

Marinate the spareribs for at least 2hours. Stir fry minced garlic, Fermented soy bean, Fermented black bean before adding spareribs and taupok (deep fried beancurd). Make sure the ribs and taupok is coated with the seasoning before adding broth to cover about 2/3 of the dish. Bring it to boil and simmer for another 20minutes. Add potato starch at the end to thicken sauce.

Real yummmy with rice!
I guess it would have work with noodles too ...
This recipe would definitely be a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...