Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wanton Soup and others ...

Didn't really try out anything new recently because we didn't have time to go to the Asian Supermarket to do some grocery shopping, so this week are all same-O, same-O!

But I tried out this new wrapping style of wanton.

Ingredient : Minced meat, Cloud ear, Cilantro and Chestnut.
Marinate : Sesame oil, Oyster sauce, fish sauce, salt, sugar and cornstarch
Marinate just the meat longer for a more flavourful wanton!
Ingot style!

Ingot style looks so much prettier than the usual 'Triangular' style.
Cooked with 50% Pork stock and 50% water, of course add sugar, salt and fish sauce as according to taste.
Both hubs and me agree, the ingot style is easier to eat without the excess wanton skin everywhere!
Really nice, now we don't have to go to a Chinese restaurant for their 'Wanton Mee', we can have it at home everyday minus the MSG!!!
This week, I baked a 'Chocolate chip butter cake with leftover walnut'. I need to get Cake flour and Castor sugar for my Chiffon experiment!!!
Another dish this week, Fried Chilli Bee Hoon!
Nasi Lemak, Otak and Mee Siam to come soon?

4 comments:

  1. I remember my friend from China would teach us how to do this ingot style of wrapping dumplings :D So pretty! You are making me hungryyyy. Love wanton soup mmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, why no prawns in your wanton?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Yve
    Haha this is how I differentiate wanton and 虾饺 (shrimp dumpling). Hubs say no diff hahaha ... No reason la, just throw in whatever I hv in my fridge ...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...