Finally Hubs lost his tummy muffins!
So I can finally prepare some of his favourite Pork Belly dishes!
Pictures for my step by steps!
Simple dinner for ONE, me on diet :( so trying to refrain but I still steal a piece or 2 here and there.
I have got to try the taste of the food to adjust the measurement!!
Usually preparing such braised means leftovers!!
Lock&Lock BOROSEAL II, Borosilicate Glass Round Bowl comes to the rescue!
The series have personalised lid for each bowl to prevent leakage and the smell of the dish transferring into the fridge! Love the lids!
Inside the fridge to stay for the night.
See ya tomorrow!
And dinner next day will be a easy setup, just snap off the lid and pop the Lock&Lock BOROSEAL II, Borosilicate Glass Round Bowl into the microwave and 'Ding' for 3 minutes.
Yup the Lock&Lock BOROSEAL II, Borosilicate Glass Round Bowl are Microwave and Oven safe!
Dinner is almost ready ...
For a wholesome dinner, I boil some broccoli florets in Cookplus Ceramic Sauce Pan.
Pan fry a egg, tadah ..
Dinner for one!
After 2 meals the Braised Pork Belly hasn't finished, so I just have to snap the lid back and off to the refrigerator again! How about that, from the kitchen table to the fridge to the microwave and back to the kitchen table, and the cycle continues! Save alot of washing and time!!
Go on take a look at lock&lock website for some convenience!
Read on for my Ingredient Estimates!
My Ingredient Estimates
1/4 cup of sliced Red onion
Half chopped yellow Onion
2tbsp of minced garlic
350gram of sliced and blanched Pork Belly
20-30 Dried Shitake Mushroom soaked (or as much as you like!)
Half cup of Chardonnay (Chinese rice wine or omit if don't hv)
Half cup of Pork Bone Stock (omit if don't hv)
Half cup of Soy sauce or less (depends on brands and saltiness)
2tbsp of Peanut butter
2-4tbsp of Sugar
- Add oil in pan and saute Slice red onion till brown, set aside.
- Same pan add oil, add yellow onion, saute till transparent and add garlic.
- After garlic turns aromatic (*Warning, Garlic burnts easy), add in soaked mushroom till mushroom sweats and add in blanch pork and the browned red onion.
- Stir fry till all the ingredient in the pan are mixed, add Soy sauce and peanut butter.
- Saute till sauce is evenly stirred in.
- Add Chardonnay, boil awhile then add in Stock and enough water to cover the ingredient in the pan.
- When the pan boil, lower fire and simmer the braised for half to 1 hour in low fire.
- Add Sugar and salt according to taste!