Thursday, May 26, 2011

Simple & easy : Baked Kecap Manis Chicken Quartered Leg

Kecap Manis is a type of Indonesia Sweet sauce; something like Japanese's Teriyaki sauce.
I love their sweet, caramel sweetness, I used it to fried rice or noodle too!

Hmmmmm, I have ONE leftover Chicken Quartered in my fridge and decide to do something sweet with it. I would have preferred to use a grill and prepare Teriyaki Chicken Quartered but I am too lazy to wash my grill. And the easier and lazy method would be baked it in a Lock&Lock BOROSEAL, Borosilicate Glass Pan.

But first I marinate the Chicken quartered leg with Fish sauce and soy sauce. Just half a tbsp spoon each and rub it all over the leg. Hey, another of Lock&lock's star in my kitchen; Lock&lock Disposable Glove!
Convenient and hygienic; preventing the fishy sauce smell from contaminating my hand!!
Grab a box if you are getting something from Lock&Lock.com.

Wrap and leave it in the fridge for an hour or 2. I like to separate the Salty and Sweet stages because by doing so, it actually eliminate some of the 'Chicken foul' smell. Maybe some people doesn't feel that 'foul' chicken smell but I do, so this extra step is important to me.
I got this shot when I was so busy in the kitchen and TOto is cudding with his buddy TUrtle!
It was so funny!
Drain the remaining liquid in the Lock&Lock BOROSEAL, Borosilicate Glass Pan.
Using the glove, rub 1 TBSP of Kecap Manis and 1/2 TBSP of brown sugar onto the chicken. You can add 1/2 TBSP of Kecap Manis and 1/2 TBSP of honey if you like!
After another 1-2 hours of marinating in the fridge, off YOU GO to the Oven.
It will be better if the leg can be marinated overnight!
Baked with the skin part down for the first part, only turn the leg during the 2nd part for the skin to frizzles!
350F - 35minutes
380F - 15minutes
Doesn't look 'pretty' but trust me it is simple yummy!
Our simple and healthy dinner.
One meat, one veggie and one soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...