Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lock&Lock : Grilled Filet Mignon for Dinner ~

We found some Filet Mignon steaks on CLEARANCE in Target!!
I am so HAPPY, finally, we can try our hand on this cut which I LOVE!
This time round, I am the one doing the marinating; so I quick quick do a search online for some Simple Grilled Filet Mignon recipe that I can do! After researching around, this is what I did;

Marinate the meat with Olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar and Herbes de Provence which consists of a special combination of hand-blended basil, thyme, rosemary, and marjoram. The 'marinate' have to be microwave for 20-30 seconds.

I remember I had the Lock&Lock BOROSEAL III, Borosilicate Glass Rectangular Containers 1.8 Cup, which has just the right size that I can use and goes right into the microwave!
I didn't actually measure the ingredient used, but my guess would be 1tbsp of Olive oil, 1tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar and 2tsp of herbs. Mix it up and microwave for 30seconds!
Pat dry the steak and placed the Filet mignon steak in another larger 5.8cup Lock&Lock BOROSEAL III, Borosilicate Glass Rectangular Container.
After the marinate cool down, lightly swipe the beef with the mixture.
I use a metal spoon to scoop the mixture and swipe the steak with it as well.
Snap close and just place it in the fridge for 1-2hours.
BOROSEAL III, Borosilicate Glass is salt and oxidation resistant, stain and odor resistant, so I don't have to worry the marinate staining the glassware and the tight snap closure prevents any of the odour from the marinate transferring into my fridge!

And it is kept neatly in the fridge with the other Lock&Lock containers that I have!
The clear glass let me see clearly what is in the container which I love!
Grill Steak for 4-5minutes with our Electric Cuisinart Grill, and there we go a Affordable, 'Romantic' Filet Mignon Steak dinner at home for 2!
~ Yum Yum ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...