Monday, May 9, 2011

Lock&Lock - Baked filets with Cheesy Herb breadcrumbs & Asparagus!

I have 2 pieces of fresh Vietnamese Saba fish fillets that I have kept in the fridges for week, and I doubt they are 'fresh' enough to be steamed. So there I go again searching for a easy and baked recipe so that I can use of my  Lock&Lock Borosilicate Glass Pan, 4.6-Cup .

Looks good? I referred to Momsaysjustonebite - Cod Filets with Herbed Bread Crumbs  for her recipes but made some adjustment of my own.
Read on.

Marinated the fish with Milk, Salt and curry powder using the  Lock&Lock Borosilicate Glass Pan, 4.6-Cup. The original recipe from Momsaysjustonebite - Cod Filets with Herbed Bread Crumbs calls for Mayonnaise and Paprika powder but I am trying to finish my milk! Set aside and prepare asparagus.
Prepare Asparagus, and marinate it with my 2nd  Lock&Lock Borosilicate Glass Pan, 4.6-Cup with a few drops of Balsamic Vinegar, and Olive oil.
Preparing the Breadcrumbs.
Melt the butter, and I used Instant breadcrumbs. Coat all the breadcrumbs with the melted butter and then sprinkled my Providence Herbs. Set aside for breadcrumbs to cool off, and lastly I added Parmesan Cheese into the mixture after the mixture cool off.
Drain the fish of the milk, and press breadcrumb mixture onto fish fillet and sprinkle Parmesan cheese onto Asparagus.
I used aluminium foil to cover the top of the fish because I sort of overcook my breadcrumbs and I don't want them to get burnt. I removed the aluminum only at the last 3 minutes.

Both the  Lock&Lock Borosilicate Glass Pan, 4.6-Cup  fit just nicely into my small oven!
Set Oven to 400 Degrees for 25 minutes.
I remove the asparagus Pan at 20minutes.
Make sure fish is cook through.
Hubs say it is good but I find it a tad too salt-ish, maybe I should have added some sugar or less Parmesan cheese for the Breadcrumbs mix. Till the next time!
Curry puff aka Karipak aka epok epok next!





For Reference :
Momsaysjustonebite - Cod Filets with Herbed Bread Crumbs & Cheddar Cauliflower
Ifood.tv - How to Bake Tilapia with Lime Juice >This looks good!
Lifesambrosia.com - Baked Asparagus with Breadcrumbs
Kitchen-parade-veggieventure - Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...