Monday, April 11, 2011

Taste of home - Bak Chor mee (香菇肉挫面)

OK, I am still at the stage of clearing out my fridge.
So I took stock; I remember I still have 幼面, a pot of braised soy sauce, minced meat, 猪肝 and dried shitake mushroom.

I can prepare - Bak Chor Mee!
Yummmieee ~

I am so '熟' with the steps so it was very fast, especially the braised sauce was leftover, which made the sauce damn flavourful and added depth to the sauce of my mee. 

So I just add more 'Shitake mushroom', and minced meat into the braised sauce; added five spice powder too.

Prepare the sauce in another bowl with; 镇江黑 醋, Oyster sauce, Sesame oil, ketchup(optional) and the Braised sauce.

Boil a pot of water, cook the 猪肝 and continue to cook the mee, rinse it with cold water.

Add the mee into the bowl of  sauce prepared, then add the Braised mushroom, and 猪肝 together, further add Onion flakes and chopped lettuce.

Tadah ~
Our very Singapore local breakfast with kopi-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...