Tuesday, April 12, 2011

蒸しパン (Mushipan) aka Japanese Steamed Cake!

I am looking for some 'healthy' recipe for my leftover anko paste! I was researching for '蒸豆沙包' but I happen to see 'Mushipan'. It is just simple Japanese Steam bun and very much like our Singaporean 'Huat Kueh' that we can purchase from our Pasar Malam! I think when Japanese Mama want to prepare some 'sweet dessert for their kids, this is the easy 'Home recipe' that they go to!

And this version is really light, fluffy and sweet!

And best of all, this is a really easy recipe that can be done within 30 minutes; not including washing up! Hahaha!

Sticky gluey paste; I added 2tbsp of paste, 1tsp of Anko paste and cover with another 1tbsp of paste.
Nice puff up after steaming ...

Quick steamed sweet and yet healthy steam cake!
I guess you can add a scoop of Strawberry Jam or Kaya jam or Custard whatever fillings you like to spice up the variety!!

Read on for recipe.


Adapted : Cookpad.com
Ingredients100gram Cake flour
1tsp Baking powder
80gram Sugar
70cc Milk
1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Egg
1 tsp of Vanilla Essence

Method (The way I interpret!)
  • Sieve flour, sugar and baking powder together.
  • In another bowl, stir in milk, oil, vanilla essence and egg.
  • Add everything together.
  • Pour into muffin cup. I added 1tsp of Anko paste.
  • Steam on high heat for 10-15minutes depending on the size of your muffin cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...