This recipe has been on hold for a few weeks because I always forget to buy Chicken breast. I usually don't take chicken breast because the meat are so dry. But Carol ,author, of this recipe mentioned that the chicken breast meat will be very tender, so I took a risk! The recipe is very simple but the Chicken breast meat have to be marinate in Salt, sugar and pepper for 3 days!
Recipe use is extracted from Carol's 自在生活.
After marinating with the said ingredient, the meat have to be soak in water for another 2 hours! And then use aluminum foil to roll and wrap the meat tight tight!
Tie it up!
The end product!
Freshly made Chicken Breast Ham, healthy and yummy!
Read on for the recipe in chinese and english ...
Chicken ham, about 4-5 servings
Chicken breast x2 (about 300g)
Sugar 1/2 tablespoon
Salt 6g (about 2% of the weight of chicken),
Rice wine, 1 tablespoon
Thick black pepper 1/4 tsp.
Notes : The procedure of soaking the chicken breast in water, removed the excess salt, thus the finished product will not too salty
- According to the sequence add the seasoning to the chicken breasts using your hand. Rub the seasoning evenly.
- Place the chicken breast in a container and Use a clingwrap to wrap them well. Refrigerate for 3 days.
- Removed the marinated chicken breast from the refrigerator and soaked them in clear water for two hours (Change water after one hour and continue to soak for another hour)
- Use a paper towel to soak up the water from the chicken breast surface.
- Place the dry chicken breast toweard each from the inside joint, and roll them up. Wrapped them with two large sheets of aluminum foil. Make sure the chicken breast are tightly rolled into a cylindrical shaped so that the chicken breast will not come apart)
- Using a cotton string wrapped them tightly together, going round and round the cylindrical.
- Boil a pot of water making sure the chicken breast can be submerged into the water.
- Submerged chicken breast totally into the Boiling pot of water.
- After placing the chicken in the water, Cover the pot and bring the water to boil again. Right after the water boil, turn off the heat. Put the pot aside to let the water cool off completely.
- After cooling off the chicken breast thoroughly. Remove the chicken breast from the water and place them in the Refrigerator (Do not remove the aluminum foil)
- When the chicken breast is cool off thoroughly, remove the aluminum foil. Slice the chicken breast to thin slices. Eat them with a piece of toast or direct consumption.
- If placed in refrigerator the chicken breast is fresh for about 5-6 days