Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Doraemon's ♥ 'Dorayaki'!

This is like the Japanese's Pancake. I added Whipped cream to the Anko Paste that I prepared and the paste taste smoother and even sweeter! I find it tooooooo sweeeet but Hubs say, "OK leh!". But he mentioned that the cake not soft enough. Hmmmmm, maybe my cake flour has been placed for too long or did I over stir the batter or is the batter is too thick?

Read on for my experience ...
The oil has to be real thin if not, the pancake look ugly!
Reminder to myself, when u see bubble all over it means the pancake is ready to flip!
I took reference from youtube, cookingwithdog's video

Dorayaki どら焼き (Sweet Red Bean Paste Pancakes)
Ingredients for Dorayaki
(6 pieces)

2 Eggs
80g Johakuto White Sugar or Raw Sugar (2.82 oz)
1 tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Baking Soda

50ml Water (1.69 fl. oz)
130g Cake Flour (4.59 oz)
1~3 tsp Water to adjust the thickness of the batter

100g Premade Anko (Red Bean Paste) for whipped cream anko (0.220 lb)
150g Premade Anko for regular Dorayaki (0.331lb)
** Please watch our "How to Make Zenzai & Anko" video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iy-0ncwzlA

50ml Whipping Cream chilled in a fridge (1.69 fl. oz)
1/2 tbsp Sugar

** When baking pancakes, set the griddle at about 340 degrees °F (170°C). Higher temperature would cause pancakes to burn easily and lower temperature would make them hard and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...