Saturday, March 26, 2011

Carina's Italian Restaurant for Spaghetti

This weekend we are at the Carina's Italian Restaurant.
We were just driving aimlessly around for lunch and wanting to try something new that both of us has yet to try! And between BBQ and Italian, Hubs drove in to this particular Italian restaurant that we seldom see at our side of Texas!
Open kitchen, and simple setting ...
My favourite,'BREAD'!
And it is served with Olive oil and fried Garlic. OMG, I love love love the bread, it is so soft and dipped with Olive oil+garlic, it tasted just like VERY fresh garlic bread. LOVE IT!
Hubs ordered the 'Lemon Pepper Mahi Mahi'
Grilled fillet topped with artichokes, roma tomatoes and spinach in a lemon butter wine sauce. Served with angel hair and fresh vegetables $14.99

I ordered a safer choice, Shrimp Scampi. I am not adventourous with food. That is a problem with someone who wants to make cooking/baking as her hobby!
Angel hair, mushrooms, garlic, roma tomatoes, basil, parmesan and white wine lemon butter sauce @ $13.99 
Hubs says his fish is abit dry but overall he says the taste is ok/good at least he can taste the Mahi Mahi.
I love my shrimp scampi, the sauce is thick and buttery, I finish every ONE BIT of it! Ok that say so much because I seldom finish everything on my plate! The portion is just nice, not as overwhelming!!
But the 'Bad', I was having the runs, might be due to the OLIVE oil. I went home and googled, Olive oil might really caused mild diarrhea. Hubs say I had ALOT of it, I even try to eat Hubs portion of the bread for the Olive Oil and garlic pieces! After that I had Indigestion, hahaha I guess the meal is too 'FULL' for me! Carbo Overloaded my system!!! But I have recovered!

If my body is up to it, I will definitely come back for my Italiano fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...