Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Home Baked - Italian Walnut butter cake

I found this version of Walnut butter cake online which gave their measurements in CUPS, so i can just do it without meddling with weighing machine!!
How not to gain weight!?

Seriously, NOOBS like me read online recipe can die! Let's take a look at this one that I used. And I follow steps by steps to realised that ...

By Lisa Marietta Gianotti

YIELD: 1 Walnut Cake
Ingredients:

* 10 Tbsp of butter (room temp)
* 1/2 Cup of soft sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups of flour
* 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 cup of milk

Procedure

* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
* Melt butter.
* Place butter in a bowl and beat until thick and creamy.
* Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
* Fold in dry ingredients with milk and walnuts.
* Grease bottom and sides of pan. Too I usually put wax paper on the bottom. And I use a springform - but you can use a 9 inch also.
* Spread the batter in the pan.
* Sprinkle the walnuts over the top and add sprinkle the sugar.
* Bake for 30-35 mins.

P/S: I ommitted the Topping.

How come the SUGAR is not added in the first step when she is creaming her butter? Is it added together with the 'dry' ingredient. But then why SPRINKLE the sugar over the top at the last step!? I was like what the fuxxxk!!?

Seriously I abit STUN by the 'step-by-step' but then I did added part of the sugar into the 'cream butter' process. And also added bit by bit with the dry ingredient part!

So flat...
Now I realised by Oven is very HOT so I have to reduce from normal recipe 25Degree C and another 25degree C for using Glassware! And also do not KPO hand open the oven to take pictures, wahahahhaha!
It is not as buttery as Bengawan Solo, need to search for other recipes!!
Nevertheless it still taste not too bad, just not as buttery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...