Saturday, September 11, 2010

Taiwan Braised Pork Belly! 台湾卤肉饭 ...

台湾卤肉饭 is like the national food of Taiwan; something like Nasi Lemak of Singapore huh! Anyway, after researching online, I have been nagging to hubby that I am going to try out this dish!

When we were living in Taiwan, I didn't have the chance to try out 'REALLY' good 台湾卤肉饭, and one bowl of rice rinsed with tiny wee bit of the 卤肉 is VERY EXPENSIVE and rather bland! From that one bad experience, I didn't try that ever and always wonder what is the BIG Hooooo haaaaa of Taiwanese version of 卤肉.

I decide to give it another chance since hubby LOVE LOVE fatty pork! There are alot of different versions and special 'pepO' online but the basics ingredient would be; Pork Belly or Minced Pork, Dried Mushroom, Chopped Shallot and Garlic, Chinese Wine, Soy Sauce and Sugar.

I do not follow ingredient to the T and mostly I just 'aga aga' and taste my way out. Seriously I do not even know how a great 台湾卤肉 taste like ...

So blindly here is how it goes ...


Add in the blanch pork and then all the 'sauces' and hard boil eggs ...
'Sauces' included; Soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, Soy sauce paste, Sugar ...
Lastly add water to cover everything and cook on small fire for one hour till meat is tender and soft!
There is ALOT of chopping and the whole thing took me a 1 FULL hour to prepare, but the result is YUMMMMMY! Sticky sweet Pork belly sauce for white rice, hopefully this big pot can last me for a few days!! I know my recipe is very choppy, but there are easy to follow recipe all over the internet, try it out!

Like that how to lose weight huh!?

I bought about 850gram of Pork Belly. I cut the Pork into cube and blanch it in hot water. Next, chopped up the mushroom, shallot and Garlic. I fry the shallot first, took it out and then add in the garlic, and mushroom, and throw in the fresh fried shallot again. I also bought a tub of Pre-fried shallot to ADD in, I LOVE fried shallot! ...

2 comments:

  1. woohoo.. looks yummy. I should try to cook it myself too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fried shallot, so this dish is very addictive!! Hahaha be FOREWARNED!! haha ~ I think should add more 'mushroom' so that it is 'healthier' hahaha, at least not as sinful!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...